Pharmacy tech schools teach students a variety of medical and administrative tasks, from mixing the correct drug proportions to maintaining inventories and communicating with customers. In other words, pharmacy technician schools not only help you perform efficiently at your workplace, but they also have a positive impact on your pay scale.
If you plan to become a reputable pharmacy technician, the first step you need to take towards this direction is to further your education and receive the necessary certification. This job is very fulfilling and rewarding, not only professionally and emotionally, but from a financial point of view as well.
Pharmacy Tech Schools Near Russell County KY
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
When talking about the features of pharmacy training programs, it must be mentioned that they aim to encompass all the knowledge and skills that are vital for a pharmacy technician:
• They help students understand drug therapy in its complexity;
• They teach students how to learn and gather information about pharmaceutical care;
• Combine practical training with interpersonal skills in order to educate patients;
• Establishing efficient care centers;
• Manage pharmaceuticals in an ambulatory setting.
In a nutshell, students can choose between online and live based training programs, the latter are usually located in larger cities and universities of Kentucky. All programs must be recognized and accredited to a national regulated body (or a state regulated body). The pharmacy course module comprises a wealth of subjects, and some of the most important ones are pharmacology, anatomy, medical chemistry, industrial pharmacy, pharmaceutical marketing or research methodology.
The Cost And Length Of Pharmacy Training Program
Pharmacy training programs can be either very affordable of very expensive, based on the type of program – those who choose live-based programs can pay up to $30,000 per year, while online programs seldom cost over $7,000 per year. In addition to cost, another factor that makes the difference is the practical training, as online programs cannot guarantee students hands-on experience.
Certification programs should be completed within 5 months, diploma programs can take up to one year and a bachelor’s degree training program usually lasts for three to four years. Moreover, students who want to increase their pay scale can also opt for master’s degree training program, which will last for three years.
Russell County KY Certifications Exams
Those who want to become licensed or certified pharmacy technicians must take a national exam, such as NAPLEX (a licensure exam), ExCPT exam for certified technicians or the PTCB exam, which is a nationally accredited certification exam.
The salary is quite a solid motivation for students, as certified technicians in the field of pharmacy can easily earn between $28,000 and $33,000 per year, based on experience and location.
More about Russell County KY
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different pharmacy tech programs in Kentucky and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!