Pharmacy tech schools teach students a variety of medical and administrative tasks, from mixing the correct drug proportions to maintaining inventories and communicating with customers. In other words, pharmacy technician schools not only help you perform efficiently at your workplace, but they also have a positive impact on your pay scale.
If you plan to become a reputable pharmacy technician, the first step you need to take towards this direction is to further your education and receive the necessary certification. This job is very fulfilling and rewarding, not only professionally and emotionally, but from a financial point of view as well.
Pharmacy Tech Schools Near Russell County KY
- Pharmacy Technician
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
When talking about the features of pharmacy training programs, it must be mentioned that they aim to encompass all the knowledge and skills that are vital for a pharmacy technician:
• They help students understand drug therapy in its complexity;
• They teach students how to learn and gather information about pharmaceutical care;
• Combine practical training with interpersonal skills in order to educate patients;
• Establishing efficient care centers;
• Manage pharmaceuticals in an ambulatory setting.
In a nutshell, students can choose between online and live based training programs, the latter are usually located in larger cities and universities of Kentucky. All programs must be recognized and accredited to a national regulated body (or a state regulated body). The pharmacy course module comprises a wealth of subjects, and some of the most important ones are pharmacology, anatomy, medical chemistry, industrial pharmacy, pharmaceutical marketing or research methodology.
The Cost And Length Of Pharmacy Training Program
Pharmacy training programs can be either very affordable of very expensive, based on the type of program – those who choose live-based programs can pay up to $30,000 per year, while online programs seldom cost over $7,000 per year. In addition to cost, another factor that makes the difference is the practical training, as online programs cannot guarantee students hands-on experience.
Certification programs should be completed within 5 months, diploma programs can take up to one year and a bachelor’s degree training program usually lasts for three to four years. Moreover, students who want to increase their pay scale can also opt for master’s degree training program, which will last for three years.
Russell County KY Certifications Exams
Those who want to become licensed or certified pharmacy technicians must take a national exam, such as NAPLEX (a licensure exam), ExCPT exam for certified technicians or the PTCB exam, which is a nationally accredited certification exam.
The salary is quite a solid motivation for students, as certified technicians in the field of pharmacy can easily earn between $28,000 and $33,000 per year, based on experience and location.
More about Russell County KY
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different pharmacy tech programs in Kentucky and found one I really like. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!